Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First Love

It is not always easy for me to get two devotionals written every day, so I have decided to use the same devotional for each blog, with this exception. I will make changes or add comments that I think are especially relevant to teens today. The comments I add will be enclosed in brackets [ ].

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
Psalm 1:1-2

First Love



I love reading mystery and even science fiction books, especially those written by Christian authors. Recently I finished a book entitled, The Restorer, by Sharon Hinckly.

[This was really a great book that I think would be well worth your while, as a teen to read. In many ways it illustrates the importance of the Word of God in all aspects of life. Besides that, this book is really good! I hope you will read it!]

Somehow the author was able to meld our time with that of the time of the Israelites - say in Joshua's day. The power of the Word of God in everyday life was emphasized throughout the book.

After reading the book, I thought about my own life. How much do I meditate on and repeat the Word of God throughout each day? Do I even take time to read the Word and pray once a day, much less weave it throughout my entire waking hours.

[Make your daily time with God a part of your daily life, and it will stay with you for the rest of your life. As a Christian, this is not optional!]

Then, I thought of of the church at Ephesus mentioned in Revelation 2:4-5a. What did God have against this church?

But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the works you did at first.(New English Standard Version)

Then I thought of the world in our day. What nation bows before God at the onset of a battle and cries out to Him for victory? Even more personally, how much do we, as Christians, approach every battle of life empowered by the Word of God and with a prayer on our lips.

What is wrong with Christians in our world? Most have lost their first love! With that in mind, I am beginning a new series which I expect will last for more than a year. I am entitling it, First Love.

I have a series of Psalms devotions on my website, (http://devotional-reflections-from-the-bible.com) in which I have written one devotion for each Psalm. In this series, I plan to go through the Psalms a few verses at a time, that we may glean from the impact that God had in the life of David, as well as other Psalms writers.

Blessed is the man whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.

May that describe you and me!

God Bless You,
Linda

[Make God bless you, and make your teen years a vibrant testimony for His glory. By the grace of God, may He be your First Love all of your life!]

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    My name is Hannah and My sister just recently had a heart transplant! SHe is 17 and my best friend! I prayed to God every day thats he would get a heart and she did! It was all Gods doing too! I now pray every day multiple times a day! I also have my half hour with God a day! I am wrighting a blog called 30 day walk with God! This blog is about me being off of Facebook for 30 days and focusing on God, Family, School, and Friends! I am thankful God has blessed my life and my Family!
    God Bless You!
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah thank your for your vibrant testimony - I will pray with you for your sister. May I encourage you to take your testimony with you to Facebook - what an opportunity to share Christ.

    God Bless You,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete